Tuesday 18 May 2010

Cheeky Chaffinches

Whilst up in Scotland Munro bagging I found myself, on an afternoon packed with heavy showers, parked in the top end of Glenesk that’s situated in the Cairngorms National Park.

Now I’ve often seen birds hop around in the hope of the odd crumb or two but this is the first time I’ve been actively harassed to feed them. Shortly after I parked up a flock of around ten Chaffinch descended onto my car – Eyeing me up from my wing mirror and tapping on the windscreen whilst sitting on my wipers. Winding the window down didn’t bother them (it became just another perch!) and neither did me getting out of the car to reward their persistence with a treat from my car boot. Incidentally, one female Chaffinch was ringed but didn’t quite come close enough for me to read the number.



Chaffinches

No comments:

Post a Comment