Wednesday 2 March 2011

Stop... Hammer time!

With my newly found ‘c’ permit freedom, I’ve been making the most of the glimpses of spring this week to net in front of corn feeders at Bishop Monkton and over in Wharfedale. We’re attracting a healthy number of Yellowhammers at Bishop Monkton with flocks into treble figures. We’re also sighting a Barn Owl every time we’re down there – On Thursday afternoon there were great views of it hunting for over 2 hours.

Once again, many thanks to all those who have given up their time to help me gain my ‘c’ permit – particularly Dave and Andy with whom I’ve clocked up over 100 ringing sessions so far.

24 New birds and (10) retraps – Yellowhammer 9(2), Reed Bunting 6(3), Goldfinch 3(2), Brambling 2, Blue Tit 2, Tree Sparrow 1(1), Great Tit 1, Dunnock (2).

No comments:

Post a Comment